November 29, 2007
Originally uploaded by Dancing Crow.
I started by sticking down random patches with a spiral stitch from my fancy sewing machine. I liked it, all loose and ruffly, but I thought it needed more stitching, so I stitched over the top with another fancy stitch and lighter thread. It pulled the top together, but it flattened it out more than I meant to, both physically sewing down the edges and visually with a layer of light thread, and instead of having a postcard I had a really nice background. humph. So I added the little flags, with another fancy stitch, and added a great little copper doodad at the end. And now it is a postcard again.