for future reference
January 21, 2010
When this show is finished and hung there are some things I want to experiment with, and I thought if I wrote them here, I might remember when I am lying about moaning and sick of myself and wondering what to do next. I don't think they are all on the agenda for February or March, just that I am trying to remember them to choose one (or two) when I am in the doldrums.
- slow dyeing with rust, mold, other naturally occurring serendipitous things
- screen printing
- pick a tradition-not-your-own and explore it ([Asian]Indian is speaking to me)
- more painting directly on fabric
- shibori kinds of resists
- an indigo pot for ongoing dyeing experiments that will all be !blue!
- one leaf n ways (a mathematical term, meaning some number, generally greater than one) and how big can I get n anyhow?
- PAINT!! paint over thread, thread over paint, paint and thread and … markers? ink?
- tell me more in the comments – annual de-lurking day happened recently and should still be in effect!
I'm sure there will be more, but just looking at this list is energizing.