corona

aug 12

via www.flickr.com

I doubled the chemicals in the indigo vat: the same again of powdered pre-reduced indigo, soda ash (instead of lye) and thiourea dioxide (which really stinks). It seems to have cheered it right up. I cut up a bunch of new pieces of white and neutral fabric in many many textures and weights.

This piece is a standard shibori resist on plain cotton. I pulled the fabric tight over a penny, and rubber-banded it. The circle of the penny is barely visible, and but the rubber-band resisted the dye and kept the white line white.

A front seems to have gone through, and the weather is a little dryer. Easier to sleep, I hope!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s