So – I've been sick. Not hugely ill, but sit peacefully on the end of the couch and knit levels of sick. And I decided to work on getting better at two color/two handed knitting, with some limited success. I finished the applied i-cord edgeing last night, and the directions say "pat it, admire it, photograph it, and then felt it"
So I did. This is the before felting picture. It is kind of huge and floppy, which generally means it will compact nicely when run through the washing machine.
I have to keep remembering it takes me a couple of tries to get a new thing. I applied i-cord edging 3 different times before it suddenly looked reasonable, and felt correct. I'm really grateful to the people who post you-tube videos and tutorials for how to do these things.
I'll report back after the felting process…